- B.A (Honours), University of Waterloo, 1968
- M. ED., University of Toronto, 1975
- Etobicoke secondary school teacher and counsellor for 31 years.
- Head of Guidance, Richview Collegiate, 1986 to 1999
- Two terms as Chair of the Etobicoke Guidance Heads’ Association
- Former chair of the Etobicoke Guidance Heads’ Association
- Former Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors’ of the George Hull Centre for Children and Families
Since 1987, Fred has been an active member of the Ontario School Counsellors’ Association.
Fred’s Ontario College of Teachers’ registration number is 142453
Excerpt from a letter from Mary Low, Executive Officer of the Toronto District School Board on the occasion of Fred’s retirement in 1999:
Thank you for your years of service to the staff and young people across our system. It has been wonderful for me to work with you and to know you as a caring, dedicated colleague and friend.
I consider myself privileged to have the opportunity to carry on the traditions that you helped established. The Toronto District School Board will develop its own unique culture but it will always be based on the strength of its people. People of goodwill who want to make a difference to our students. People like you.
Thank you for giving so much of yourself to make a positive difference in the lives of others.